Brazilian Cheese Bread is probably Brazil’s most famous food. It is a soft, chewy & fluffy bread that is extremely popular among all age groups. These are ball-shaped mini cheesy puffs that are lightly crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. This Brazilian cheese bread recipe is easy to make and is traditionally served with dinner or lunch. This amazing recipe can be made with the super healthy, delicious, gluten-free Country Kitchen Ragi flour. The Ragi flour is loaded with all the essential vitamins and minerals and hence you can enjoy this Ragi Flour Brazilian Cheese Bread without any guilt.
- ½ cup olive oil or butter
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup milk or soy milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups ragi flour
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ⅔ cup freshly grated cheese
- 2 large beaten eggs
Steps for making Ragi Flour Brazilian Cheese Bread
1 ) Preheat the Oven
Preheat the oven to 180- 200 degrees Celsius and line the baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. If using parchment paper, lightly grease it with butter.
2) Making the Dough
- Place a saucepan over medium heat. In it, combine milk, oil, and salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in Country Kitchens Ragi Flour and keep mixing it with a spatula.When the mix begins to form a dough after 1-2 minutes, remove it from the heat.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Add 2 eggs and grated cheese to the flour mixture.
- Mix well for 4 to 5 minutes until the dough is super thick, shiny and stretchy.
3) Shaping the Ragi Flour Brazilian Cheese Bread Dough
Oil your hands and scoop out the dough with large tablespoons. Roll each part into a round ball and place the balls in the baking tray. Place the balls slightly apart from each other making sure they do not stick together.
Note: You may also store the cheese balls in a ziplock bag and keep it in the freezer. To cook these frozen balls, just add an extra time of 3-5 minutes in the oven.
4 ) Baking the cheese bread
Bake the cheese bread in a preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until all cheese puffs turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and let them cool on a rack for a few minutes.
Note: Baked and leftover cheese puffs can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 to 3 days.