Bread is a staple food prepared from a dough of flour and water, usually by baking. Throughout recorded history it has been a prominent food in large parts of the world and is one of the oldest man-made foods, having been of significant importance since the dawn of agriculture. So, today we will be making Ragi Bread.
Ingredients for Ragi Bread
- Country Kitchen Ragi Flour – 200 gm
- Maida/wheat – 200 gm
- Active yeast – 2 tbs
- Sugar – 2 tbs
- Milk – 100 ml
- Take a large bowl and dissolve yeast in the lukewarm water.
- Add sugar to the yeast and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Add Ragi flour, wheat flour, milk to the yeast mix, and knead it with hand till it turns into a smooth dough.
- Cover the bowl and allow the yeast to ferment for 2½ hours.
- Set the oven to a temperature of 180°C.
- Take the bread pan and grease it with ghee.
- Shift the dough into the greased bread pan and bake it at 180°C for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from pan and allow the bread to cool.
- Cut the Ragi bread into slices and serve.