Churros also known as Mexican fritters is one of the best desserts especially when homemade. They are soft and tender from inside and looks extremely crispy from outside.
So, here is the recipe of green peas flour churros with chocolate ganache.
Ingredients for Churros
- 1-cup water
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½-teaspoon salt
- 2-tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup country kitchen green peas flour
- 1-2 eggs
- Oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
Ingredients for Chocolate Ganache
- Finely chopped chocolate
Steps for Making Green Peas Flour Churros
Making & Frying Churros
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in country kitchens green peas flour and keep mixing with spatula until mixture forms a ball. Few lumps in it are fine
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and let it cool for 5 minutes
- Add 1-2 eggs to flour mixture and start blending immediately with an electric mixer
- Blend until mixture comes together and is smooth. Note, it will separate at first but keep mixing it will come together
- Fill the dough into a pipping bag
- Heat oil for frying and pipe 5- to 6-inch strips of dough into the hot oil. Do not overcrowd the oil. Fry churros until they turn golden
- Drain these on paper towels
- Whisk together 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish
- Roll drained churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Steps for Making Chocolate Ganache
- Place finely chopped chocolate into a heatproof bowl
- Heat cream on the gas until just simmering. If it is boiling, the cream is too hot and could separate or even burn the chocolate. Once you see little simmers around the edges, turn off the heat and immediately pour the warm cream over the chocolate
- Let the two sit for a few minutes before stirring
- Stir until smooth
Now, your Green Peas Flour Churros and Chocolate Ganache is ready to be served. Either pour some of it on churros or use chocolate ganache as a dip.