I have been seeing Beetroot Immunity Smoothie at the shops for a while now. I really wanted to try it and make a delicious smoothie with it, but I was apprehensive, as I have tried a green powder in my smoothies in the past and overdid it. It got me thinking if I add this Beetroot Powder to my smoothies, is it going to taste like crap, and then I will have the bag in the pantry for the next year before I do a cleanout and chuck it. But as I had been feeling like I wanted more energy in the mornings, even after a good night’s rest, I thought well, why to give it a go. I can assure you, I am now glad I did and if you give this recipe a whirl, I am sure you will too.
Ingredients for Beetroot Immunity Booster Smoothie
- 1 banana sliced
- 1/3 cup pineapple pieces drained, no juice
- 1/3 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp beetroot immunity booster
- 300 ml coconut water
- 1 tsp black chia seeds
- Combine banana, pineapple, raspberries and beetroot booster in large blender cup
- Cover with coconut water, then blend to combine
- Can top with chia seeds if desired
- Too much Beetroot immunity booster, won’t taste awesome. So add just a teaspoon to begin with, taste it and if you want more, add it then.
- If you want a sweeter smoothie, add more frozen raspberries.
- You can even use 1/2 teaspoon of the powder so that you can see if you like the taste before adding the full teaspoon.
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 322mg | Potassium: 1466mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 51g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 45.7mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 2.3mg